This Friday is Nature Photography Day. In 2006, the North American Nature Photography Association began Nature Photography Day as a way “to promote the enjoyment of nature photography, and to explain how images have been used to advance the cause of conservation and protect plants, wildlife, and landscapes locally and worldwide.” Now Nature Photography Day is celebrated on June 15th of each year and this Friday marks its 7th year.
In honor of Nature Photography Day, I’m holding a little competition. I want each and every one of you to get out and shoot something nature-y this Friday, so in order to encourage you to do so, I’ll be hosting a photo contest. The winner will receive a matted and signed 8×12 print of their choice from my collection of photographs, or a $50 gift voucher towards a larger print or canvas! I’ll also share your winning image on my blog.
Here are the rules:
- Each contestant may enter one (1) photograph.
- The photograph must be of a “nature” subject.
- The photograph must be taken on Friday, June 15th between 12:00AM and 11:59PM. Follow the time zone of your region.
- Photographs submitted should be between 800-1200 pixels on the longest side, and no more than 250KB. Photographs may contain a small watermark and/or thin frame or border.
- Email your entry to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “2012 NPD Contest” in the subject line. In the body of your email, include your name and location.
- Photographs must be received by noon Eastern time (12PM EST) on Wednesday, June 27th. NOTE: The deadline has been extended ONE WEEK from its original date of June 20th!
- All photographers are eligible to win unless specifically prohibited. Photographers residing outside the continental United States may have to pay shipping to receive their prize.
- Winner(s) will be notified via email. Winning image(s) will be published on my blog in July.
- By entering the contest, you agree to allow your image to be published by Kari Post Photography, on its website, in social media, and in newsletters, for its entirety. Images will always be credited to the photographer, and will only be used in conjunction with the contest, other contests offered by Kari Post Photography, and/or Nature Photography Day and never for profit. The photographer retails all copyright and ownership of the image.
For more information on Nature Photography Day, visit NANPA’s website: http://www.nanpa.org/nature_photography_day.php